Most tourists arrive in Sicily by plane or by car. The nearest airport to Marina di Ragusa is the new Comiso Pio La Torre Airport, while Catania Fontanarossa Airport has the largest number of connections to national and international destinations.
If you intend to come to Sicily and combine a seaside holiday with visits to various artistic and cultural places, we recommend the use of a car; otherwise the use of a car in Marina di Ragusa is superfluous.
- For those who don’t wish to bring their own car, we suggest renting a car in advance through an online agency; it is very simple and cheaper. We advise you to collect it directly on your arrival at the airport (avoiding the expense of transfer at around €130) or have it delivered directly to your accommodation. Obviously the rental costs will depend on the model chosen, the period in which you want to hire and the additional services that you choose. The rental of a small car starts at €25 a day upwards.
There are four airports in Sicily: COMISO 30Km, CATANIA 125Km, PALERMO 270Km and TRAPANI 350Km.
- The closest airport is the "PIO LA TORRE" at COMISO, recently opened, which is only 30Km from MARINA DI RAGUSA. Most of the flights into Comiso are operated by Ryanair and Alitalia serving both national and international destinations, such as: Milan, Rome, Pisa, London, Brussels, Dublin, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf. For more information visit www.aeroportodicomiso.eu
- The international airport "FONTANAROSSA" at CATANIA is about 125Km from MARINA DI RAGUSA, and serves the widest range of national and international destinations of any airport in Sicily, as such it is the main airport in Sicily. For more information visit the website www.aeroporto.catania.it
- "FALCONE e BORSELLINO" airport at PALERMO: www.aeroporto.palermo.it
- " Vincenzo Florio " airport at TRAPANI: www.airgest.it
- From COMISO (Pio La Torre airport) to MARINA DI RAGUSA is just 30Km. Take the SP7 towards Comiso and from there take the SP20 road towards Santa Corce Camerina. From Santa Corce Camerina continue towards MARINA DI RAGUSA via the SP36. Click here for directions from Comiso Pio La Torre to Marina di Ragusa. Click for directions.
- From CATANIA (Fontanarossa airport) to MARINA DI RAGUSA is a distance of 125Km. Take the SS114 (towards Ragusa), continue on the SS194, then the SS514, take the exit to the SP25 signposted "RAGUSA-MARINA DI RAGUSA". Click here for directions from Catania Fontanarossa to Marina di Ragusa. Click for directions.
- From PALERMO (Falcone–Borsellino airport) to MARINA DI RAGUSA is a distance of 270Km. There are two different routes that you can take to get to Marina di Ragusa: (1) The safer, but longer route at 346Km, takes the A19 motorway to Catania, (1) Click for directions. (2) The shorter route uses roads that are not so well sign posted. (2) Click for directions.
- From TRAPANI (Vincenzo Florio airport) to MARINA DI RAGUSA is a distance of 350Km. Take the A29 motorway to PALERMO, then the A19 motorway to CATANIA. From CATANIA follow the directions above. Click for directions.
- From COMISO (Pio La Torre airport) you need the “TUMINO TRASPORTI” bus. The journey time is about 45 minutes. Visit the website www.tuminobus.it to view the complete list of bus timetables.
- From CATANIA (Fontanarossa airport) you need the “ETNA TRASPORTI” bus. There are about ten daily services to RAGUSA; but only three to MARINA DI RAGUSA (during the summer the number of services increases). At the airport wait for the bus in the parking area to the right. At CATANIA railway station the bus stop is in the car park at the front of the station (about 200 meters from the station exit). All buses leave from the CATANIA railway station, pass the airport, and then continue to Marina di Ragusa or Ragusa. ETNA TRASPORTI - Tel. +39 095 532716 - www.etnatrasporti.it
- From PALERMO (Falcone–Borsellino airport) take the metro to the central railway station. From there it is possible to take the “AST” bus to Ragusa and then the "TUMINO TRASPORTI" (destination "PalaZama") bus to Marina di Ragusa. AST TRASPORTI - Tel. +39 091 6800011 - www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it - TUMINO TRASPORTI - Tel. +39 0932 623184 - www.tuminobus.it
BY TRAIN TO CATANIA
- If you decide to travel to Sicily by train, you need to alight at CATANIA CENTRALE and then take the bus as above. The bus stop is in the car park at the front of the station (about 200 meters from the station exit). Ferrovie dello Stato (Tel. + 39 06 44101) - www.ferroviedellostato.it
- The Marina di Ragusa Marina is one of the main destinations for tourist boats coming from the neighbouring island of Malta and enjoys a privileged central position in the Mediterranean. It is connected to the main roads, roads and marinas (Marina di Ragusa is about 125 Km from Catania airport and 30 Km from Comiso airport). Visit the Marina website: www.portoturisticomarinadiragusa.it
FERRIES TO SICILY
- Several companies make naval routes to reach Sicily, the main ports are those of Palermo, Messina and Catanaia. Consult the list of companies on the website: www.traghettionline.com
- If you want to travel from Malta, use the Malta - Pozzallo service run by "Virtu Ferries" - for more information visit www.virtuferries.com